I felt compelled to write this blog when I saw the video of the Southwest Airlines flight from Phoenix to Los Angeles. This is so great! Singer Gavin DeGraw was on the flight. Southwest Airlines asked or paid him to sing to the customers during the flight. It was completely impromptu for the passengers. The look on their faces shows sheer delight. I understand that Southwest Airlines has started this program with performers. If they know they are on a flight, they are asking them to perform. So you never know when you fly with Southwest if you will see your favorite singer serenade you during the flight. Doesn’t that make you want to flight Southwest? I certainly do. How much fun would that be? The mystery around the entire program makes you want to keep flying and flying. It is like winning a lottery! You feel as if you have to keep buying those tickets.
Note that the program is really simple and straightforward. It gives you the feeling of, “Why didn’t I think of that?” It is fun for the passengers and the performers. Everyone has a great time. I can see by the media exposure that this is probably the most press that Gavin DeGraw has ever had. I’ll list some links at the end of this post so you can get a feel for it!
What does any of this have to do with making your stepfamily life happier? It has everything to do with it. The message is that life has unlimited simple, fun things to do that just makes life more fun. Music is always an effective way to make your home a delightful place to be. Here are some ideas:
- Load fun music on your Ipod and play it during dinner.
- When you serve dinner, make happy faces or any other images on the food. Use ketchup, icing, etc.
- Cover the dinner table with paper. Ask each person to draw something and the others have to guess what it is. Do the same thing and have people draw what they are grateful for.
- Hang a rubber chicken in your home. Say nothing.
- What ideas can you think of that match up with your family’s sensibilities?
Think simply. Bring the arts (music, art, cooking, reading or writing) into your family and, you, too, will get great press from your family.
By the way, here is the video of Gavin singing on that Southwest flight: